Bacon Cheeseburger Soup Recipe [One Skillet Keto]
Delicious keto cheeseburger soup recipe with bacon crumbles…
This bacon cheeseburger soup with cauliflower is delicious and decadent.
It is made with simple ingredients that every ketoer should have readily available at home.
It is the perfect keto meal for a cold winter’s night.
So, if you are looking for comfort food without the extra carbs or a delicious soup to warm you up, then scroll down for the printable recipe.
If you are looking for more soup recipes, then scroll all the way down to our tips section.
How to Make Keto Cheeseburger Soup
All you need is one skillet. I like this T-fal skillet...
And as you know by now, I love 1 skillet meals.
Let's get this soup going...
Start out by heating your skillet.
Then you'll want to fry the bacon until it is crispy. Enjoy the smell of the bacon.
Then fry the ground beef and the herbs and spices. More amazing smells.
Once the beef is browned and cooked through, add the cauliflower, bone broth, and simmer until cooked through but still tender.
Add the cream and the cheese and serve with bacon crumbles on top while still hot.
This recipe is enough for 6 bowls of delicious keto-friendly soup. Here are the macros per bowl...
As always, double-check your own macros.
I love how I can enjoy the core essence of a cheeseburger without the carbs and the gluten.
And who doesn't love a bowl of steaming soup on a cold winter's evening?
Printable Recipe Card
- 4 slices of thick-cut bacon, cut into half-inch pieces
- 1 pound of lean ground beef
- ½ teaspoon of onion powder
- ½ teaspoon of garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon of smoked paprika
- 2 tablespoons of Italian herb seasoning
- Sea salt and black pepper to taste
- ½ a head of cauliflower cut into medium pieces
- 3 cups of organic beef bone broth
- ⅓ cup of heavy cream
- 3 cups of shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons of chopped fresh parsley
- Heat a large high-sided skillet over medium heat.
- Add the bacon and fry for 6 to 7 minutes until crispy. Transfer the crispy bacon pieces to a side plate lined with a paper towel. Cover the bacon with another paper towel and blot off excess grease.
- Drain most of the bacon grease from the skillet and save it for later in a container like this one.
- Return the skillet to the cooktop and add the ground beef.
- Sprinkle the onion and garlic powder, the smoked paprika, and the Italian seasoning onto the beef.
- Season with sea salt and black pepper to taste, and stir to combine.
- Fry the beef for about 5 to 7 minutes until brown while stirring occasionally.
- Add the chopped cauliflower and beef broth to the skillet and stir to combine.
- Cover and reduce heat to low.
- Simmer for 6 to 8 minutes until the cauliflower is tender but not mushy.
- Remove the skillet from the heat.
- Add a few spoons of the hot soup mixture to the heavy cream and stir. This prevents the cream from curdling)
- Stir this cream mixture into the soup.
- Add the shredded cheese and stir until melted through.
- Add more seasoning if needed.
- Crumble the cooked bacon.
- Ladle the soup into 6 serving bowls and sprinkle the crumbled bacon and fresh chopped parsley on top of each bowl.
- Serve immediately!
If you have more soup than you need, store the soup and the bacon bits separately until you are ready to serve the soup.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 628Total Fat: 48gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 0mgCarbohydrates: 8.1gNet Carbohydrates: 5.7gFiber: 2.4gSugar: 0gProtein: 41g
Nutritional information can vary depending on the specific ingredients you use. Always double-check with a carb calculator like MyFitnessPal.
Tips and Ideas
I used lean ground beef, but you can also use regular fat beef. I only buy lean mince when I use it in soup as it can become too greasy otherwise.
But if you want your fat to protein ratio to be higher, the easiest way to achieve that is to use regular ground beef.
You can use any cheese in this soup, but you really want to use strong-tasting cheese for maximum flavor.
I always shred my own cheese, but if you decide to buy your cheese shredded, be sure to read the label. Most shredded cheeses have an anti-caking agent added to them.
I like all the flavor in this dish but do keep in mind that the more spices and flavoring we add, the more carbs we add.
Don't Forget to Share or Pin it to Save for Later!
This soup is super decadent and delicious, and we'd love to hear your comments about it.
Also, check out our other soup recipes.
This low-carb Thai chicken and vegetable soup is very nourishing and satisfying, and it is packed with veggies.
These instant pot soup recipes are all easy to make and delicious.
And if that is not enough, we also found this amazing roundup of soup recipes by Bulletproof.
Need help with Menu Planning, then check out this 7-day free trial.