If you grow zucchini in your garden, you probably have a lot of it about now. 🙂
This light zucchini pasta salad is delicious as a light meal or perfect as a side dish with your barbecue or any entree.
If you are looking for more zucchini keto friendly side dishes to enjoy with your barbecue, then check out our post with all the zucchini recipes that you may want. I especially like the faux-tato salad. It is the perfect replacement for potato salad.
- 4 to 6 medium zucchinis
- 2 cups of cherry tomatoes cut in half
- 24 small mozzarella balls
- 1/2 a red pepper cut into strips or chunks
- 1/2 a yellow pepper cut into strips or chunks
- 1/2 a cup of young basil leaves
- 4 table spoons of extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons of fresh lemon juice
- 4 teaspoons of balsamic vinegar
- 1 medium garlic clove crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1/4 of a teaspoon of pepper
- Wash the zucchini and pat them dry.
- Cut off the edges and slice them into ribbons.
- Use paper towel to pat the ribbons dry again.
- Place the ribbons in a bowl.
- Add the cheese, tomatoes, peppers and basil.
- In a separate bowl mix the olive oil, lemon juice, balsamic vinegar, garlic and salt and pepper.
- Drizzle the dressing over the salad ingredients.
- Serve immediately or refrigerate until serving.
This recipe makes 4 servings.
- If you like a more intense flavor, replace half the cherry tomatoes with sundried tomatoes.
- I like this salad raw, but you can also slightly fry the ribbons. I dry fry them (with just a touch of olive oil), otherwise they tend to get soggy.
- You can also use spiralized zucchini if you prefer them to ribbons. If you spiralize them into spaghetti, then cut the spirals in half or even quarters.
For another simple zucchini ribbon salad, watch Byron Talbott make this simple spicy zucchini and cucumber salad.
This salad is delicious and simple. It is really all about the dressing which is made from jalapeno chilies, coriander, fresh lime juice, olive oil, salt and black pepper.
I love how beautifully he plates up this refreshing salad.
If you are going to cut your zucchini ribbons with a mandoline slicer the way he does, please take care and use the top grip. You don't want to cut your hand on those sharp blades.
Share or Pin it to Save for Later!
Please let us know how you like this zucchini pasta salad recipe in the comments below. You may also enjoy our rich keto shrimp zucchini pasta.