This delicious creamy keto shrimp zucchini pasta is quick to make and very filling. I like to make it all in one skillet on the stove. It is a bit rich, but if you like rich Alfredo type pasta sauces, then you should try it.
I love these super simple recipes and think we all need these go to recipes that you can make quickly without too much thinking and without much washing up.
- 2 medium zucchinis
- 1/2 a pound of deveined shrimp
- 4 ounces of extra thick sour cream
- 1 ounce of Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 a tablespoon of almond flour
- 1 tablespoon of butter (Or a little more depending on taste)
- 1/4 teaspoon of grated garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon of grated chilly or more if you like strong food
- Two handfuls of coriander
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons of lemon juice
- A few walnuts or pecan nuts for garnish
This recipe makes 2 servings.
- I like 1 skillet meals, but if you want to have more control over exactly how well you cook your shrimp, cook them separately from the sauce. Fry them in a little butter and add some lemon.
- I don't like to use coconut flour in savory dishes, but if you prefer it then use no more than half the quantity of almond flour. Start with a teaspoon and add a little more if you need more. You don't want the sauce to thick.
- Always experiment with recipes and find what works best for you.
- If you like simpler, cleaner dishes then leave out the chilly.
- To make it less rich, use less sour cream and only add a little cheese on the top.
- Cut your zucchinis into spirals.
- Sprinkle them with some salt and let them dry properly in a colander.
- They really need to be dry so pat them dry with absorbent paper.
- Melt the butter in a medium sized skillet over low heat.
- Mix in the sour cream and simmer for a minute or so.
- Add diced garlic and diced chilly and half the Parmesan cheese and simmer for 2 more minutes.
- Add the almond flour and allow the sauce to thicken.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Add the shrimp and cook for 3 to 5 minutes.
- Add the coriander and spiralized zucchini and simmer for about 3 minutes.
- Add the lemon juice and mix through
- Dish up and garnish with coriander, the nuts and the rest of the cheese.
- Use medium sized zucchinis as they will have the most flavor and be the most nutritious.
- Make sure to get as much moisture out of the zucchini as possible before cooking them and adding them to any sauce.
- I make my zucchini noodles with a spiralizer and this one is my favorite.
- To read more about this spiralizer, why I like it and how it compares to others, check out our post where we compare the different spiralizers.
Watch Dani Spies from Clean and Delicious show us how she cuts her zucchinis into spirals. You'll see that she prefers the thicker noodle setting on her Veggetti vegetable cutter.
She shows us two cooking methods for making zoodles. In the first method she fries her zucchini with a little olive oil in a pan and in with her second method she prepares it in a microwave oven.
Watch now and share your comments or questions below...
Wondering which zoodle cutter Dani is using? Check it out here on Amazon.
Share or Pin it to Save for Later!
Please let us know how you like this creamy keto zucchini shrimp pasta recipe in the comments below.